Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fritz Onion on Silverlight 2

I went to listen to Fritz Onion last night. I have to say that I was a little disappointed. The reason for my disappointment had more to do with my expectations than the presentation itself.

First I think that I have very high expectations of the well known names. I listened to a Presentation by Juval Lowy and I was just so impressed both by the content of the presentation and his knowledgeable handling of the questions. He is a hard act to follow.

Second I have significant reservations about Silverlight. This is partly because I can't see it being used in my company but also because we have been down this path before with Java and it hasn't really taken off. There are some differences a major one I suspect is that Java Applets were UGLY. They seemed to come from an earlier time. Silverlight has a subset of WPF that although it is missing the 3D features can still simply render some very beautiful user interface.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home